We are a family-run Cafe & Bakery and we produce all of our own food.
Simple Item 6
Quality ingredients, quality products
- Flour sourced from Carr’s, Cumbria’s own Millers
- Sausages from across the street at Garside’s Butchers
- Free range eggs from a local farm
- Milk from North Lakes Foods
- We’ve created our own Hot Chocolate Recipe
- We squeeze our own orange juice freshly for you
- We make our own jams, chutneys, toffee sauce and salad dressings.
- We have searched far and wide for a cup of what we believe to be the best quality coffee.
- We are very proud of the standard of our coffees, prepared with our state of the art espresso machine and more importantly our highly skilled baristas.
- Local beers from the renowned Hawkshead brewery as well a small micro-brewery at the Brown Horse at Winster
- As additions to our large product range we enjoy introducing seasonal specials
The Customer's Experience
- Everyone is welcome, muddy boots, rucksacks, wet dogs, prams and all
- With our waiter pad service we feel we can provide a fast and efficient service, but still with the option of individually tailored alterations to any food and drink orders, just tell our waiting on staff what you would like and we will do our best
- We prepare our takeaway sandwiches on demand so personalise your sandwich with your choice of bread, salad, filling and condiments.
- We are always interested in where we can improve so please e-mail us with any comments or suggestions.
Keeping up with what's new in the world of cakes and baking
- As members of the British Confectioners Association for 12 years we have attended study trips to a number of UK Bakeries but have also travelled further afield to see what they are doing in China, Italy and Austria.
- Our team take part in training days to ensure we are up to date on the latest techniques not only in baking but also in producing the perfect coffee
- We attend exhibitions and food shows to source the latest products and trends so we can bring you new and interesting things to try, like the new Lakeland Lager, our range of tea pigs and the quality Cawston’s pressed apple juice range.
- We hope to create a working atmosphere that is supportive, varied and where staff can take ownership.
- We have three staff houses to provide staff with affordable housing in the centre of Ambleside.