The Apple Pie is Covid Secure
At the Apple Pie we have taken some precautions on the site to ensure your safety but we must stress that you are visiting at your own risk and are responsible for your own behaviour during your stay. We have taken measures to mitigate the risks but not eliminate them and we cannot be held responsible for other people’s behaviour.
We have undertaken a comprehensive risk assessment and we have made some changes in line with government guidance, which will affect your experience with us:
- Collection of Test and Trace information from each group before entering the cafe.
- All customers will be required to wear face coverings when not seated at a table.
- Staff will be required to wear face covering.
- Using plastic screens on Take Away to create a safe working environment for staff and customers.
- We have installed additional hand washing sinks and hand sanitising stations
- We have implemented a one-way system in the café and take away so that customers can move in safety
- We have reduced our seating so that we can maintain social distancing and increase space between groups of customers, and used plastic screens between tables, where needed.
- A 45 minute limit on seating in the café, we think this is the fairest way to deal with the customer demand on our café.
- Contactless card payment in both Take Away and the café
- We have relocated our café entrance to remain separate from the TA entrance
- We have relocated our queue to a covered outdoor area for safety and to prevent overlap with our TA queue
- We will be offering table service. We will take your order before being seated. We will only clear your table once you have left and provide you with a tray to put used crockery back onto.
- We have to limit the number of toilets available, please be considerate as these could become overwhelmed. We ask customers to wait at tables where possible.
- We have implemented a one way system for both Take Away and the café – to prevent customer overlap.
- We will be taking staff temperatures at the beginning of every shift.
- Colour coded aprons. Staff who live in the same household can safely work in a closer proximity to each other and will be wearing the same colour apron – this will help you identify where contact between is safe.
- Hourly cleaning of all rails, door handles – any surface areas that customers might touch with viricidal cleaner.
- As always, thorough cleaning of tables between customers.